Monday, November 16, 2009

The Chandelier

He looks intimidating, especially for ordinary human; but failing to notice or to realize his primary role is one great lost...

Like a chandelier, one will be hesitant to touch or even go near him. His sophisticated look gave this impression. Only rich people have the guts to surround him.

But at a second thought..., who give birth in this kind of view? The chandelier can't. He was made never by his order but of his master; his design corresponds to his purpose that is often neglected by our eyes. Even the affluent haven't known this. So, let me share to you my story with a chandelier.

Like you, I took a step back when I first saw him. I know he's a beautiful. In fact, too beautiful that I was contented looking at him. But as the hands of the clock made several cycles, I notice a whirl of dust in one of his bulb. It's disturbing...
With angst, I try to move my right foot forward, then my left, and then my right again then my left, till I reached him. His light glows brighter as I went closer at him. I slowly extend my arm to take off the dust. My hand was about to leave his crown, when my eyes glance at his engineering. I've seen his crystal-like bulbs composing his elegant whole. I also have that in my place. Much simpler but of the same engineering. I took my steps back again. But this time, not because of the discomfort, but to get a cloth to wipe him...

From then on, I'm glad checking on him. As time passes by, he is becoming more valuable to me. Now I know why chandelier is such a precious thing for whoever owns it, and respected by the people who sees it. Not only because of its beauty, but of its main purpose... To illuminate one's life-mind and heart, every day; especially in their darkest hour, during the night. Like how he lightens my restricted knowledge.

That's the story of a chandelier...Sophisticated, he may appear, but his genuine intention is to bring light to people around him.

No comments:

Post a Comment